Thursday, September 16, 2010

...this is just how my face is.

today i realized that i generally have four set facial expressions when i observe a class. they are muted versions of rather extreme emotions.

it generally starts out as this:

extreme boredom. notice how i'm trying to appear attentive and interested by the uplifted chin and semblance of eye contact.

then it devolves into this:

this generally happens when the kids speak. it's kind of the tamed version of a "oh my sweet mercy what are they saying?" expression.

which then shifts to this:

which is when i am actually really trying to figure out what language they're speaking, but failing.

ultimately, my face gets stuck in this position:

trying desperately to quell the rising horror at the massacre of my favorite language. bless their little hearts, they try so dang hard.

9 comments:

alison said...

default face.

Tristan said...

The third one is my favorite.

Aunt Susan said...

Whichever way you look you're gorgeous. I can only imagine how funny (pathetic?)it must be to hear someone massacre your lovely french language. I'm still laughing at the looks on your face.

maddmomma said...

Too dang cute! Are you a fan of BYU football?

Amy said...

eh, not so much. but i'm a fan of BYU in general! football just doesn't really do it for me.

Mom said...

LOVE that face...actually all of them!

Megan said...

i wish i could experience this in real life.

Emily said...

Amy, you kill me! :)

Whitney Smith said...

hahahahah okay thank you so much. I just had a boring night at work and coming home and getting to laugh at your series of amy faces that i miss so much made it all better.

ahhhh, perspective. how can life be boring when you have an Amy around?