Wednesday, September 8, 2010

my life should be a tv show.

last night, i was gearing up to take a nice, hot shower and jump into bed. i was pretty excited about this, because it meant that i was going to get to bed before 10 (and also i'm 70 years old). i turned on the water, waiting for the steam to rise.

no rising. whaa? i felt the water. cold. hmm. i anticipated a problem. i recalled the conversation i had recently overheard about how our hot water was potentially going to get shut off. i had disregarded it, mostly because i was on facebook at the time and nothing enters my consciousness when i'm in the zone.

my thought process: "does this really happen in real life? that's not possible. peoples' hot water only gets shut off on tv shows and movies. is this real life? am i being punked?" i considered looking for hidden cameras, but instead i called holli.

me: "hey holli...what are you doing?"
holli: "nothin, what are you doing?"
me: "i'm standing in my room in my bathrobe...so...my hot water got turned off...are you at home?"
holli: "yes. would you like to come shower at my house?"
me: "yes. see you soon."

so i walked down the street with a towel over my shoulder, carrying my shampoo. this is my life.

2 comments:

Tristan said...

My first winter in Ukraine was the coldest in 30 years. People were freezing to death in the villages. I had no hot water that winter.

Amy said...

try to imagine my face right now. you probably don't have to try that hard.