Sunday, February 3, 2013

so my dad's no siskel, but he makes a good point.

i like hanging out with my dad. this was a conversation we had tonight while watching harry potter 7, part 2 (which came out about a week after i went into the MTC):

dad: you know what i didn't like about this movie? it's too dark.
me: yeah, well the seventh book has some heavy stuff that happens.
dad: no. I CAN'T SEE ANYTHING. it's TOO DARK.
me: (laugh)

later...

dad: see, like this scene. WHY couldn't they have light here?? they must just have bad sets or something.
me: iiiiiii don't know about that...i feel like with the bajillion dollars they spent on this movie, they probably could've afforded at least a couple candles.
dad: i'm sure there was just some intellectual that was like 'oooooh it was a darrrrk time so it has to be darrrrk' and i'm like 'I JUST WANNA SEE THE MOVIE!!'
me: (laugh more)