Sunday, August 22, 2010

list.

things that make me happy:

wonderful weekend with whitney (and alliterations?)

i like that whitney is taking a train from san francisco to new york, and i especially like that i was her first stop on this epic cross-country voyage. i showed her the wonders of utah (waterfalls, rope swings, mormons, etc.) and she showed me some dang good new recipes. i love that girl.

much-needed mom time

mom came up for education week and stayed at my hooooouse! i thoroughly enjoyed taking care of her--namely forcing her to eat all of my baking creations. i loved having her here and was sad to see her go.

making food for people who like to eat

in the words of aunt susan, "another culinary triumph." cooking from the weekend with whitney and week with mom included: homemade mac 'n cheese, bread, hot chocolate, whipped cream, tortillas, scones, cheesecake, soup, shortbread cookies.
(not pictured: susan, lindsey, and mom eating a delicious meal of roasted red pepper tortellini soup. we had a near riot on our hands when i said i was going to put the picture up on my blog.)

plums
(also not pictured. you know what plums look like.)

new school supplies

weeeeeeee!

things that stress me out:

teaching lessons in relief society

lack of contract overlap in provo housing. seriously, where do they think we're going to go?

starting student teaching tomorrow

official badge, what?

3 comments:

The Henrich Family said...

go get 'em tiger! Good luck with the kids at school. You'll do great!

Lindsay said...

haha! "near riot"

The only riot I knew of was the one going on in my head - trying to fight myself from pouncing on that delicious soup for a 4th/5th serving. :)

Mom said...

Boo hoo! I was hoping to see a beautiful pic of that extremely YUMMY roasted red pepper and tortellini soup! Thanks for a very fun week... I being the lucky recipent of many delicious taste treats....all of which were culinary masterpieces for sure!