Sunday, August 8, 2010

i think i have a problem.

hi, my name is amy, and i'm a bake-aholic. it's becoming quite the obsession, and i don't know how i'm going to kick the habit, because no one is trying to stop me. in fact, they encourage this addiction.

i made chocolate cake and frosting from scratch, and i am pretty dang pleased with myself. i learned how to cream butter--definitely had to look that one up. it was so fun to do it by hand--not (oh, the directions say that the mixture should be light and fluffy? well if by light and fluffy you mean thick and creamy, then yes! i did it!). it's times like this when i start lusting after electric kitchen appliances.


anyway, cake=good. just ask these two. i hired them for testimonials. i'll be paying them in cake.


next up, figure out how to cook without making my kitchen look like a war ravaged country. just call me amy the destroyer.

7 comments:

The Henrich Family said...

you are my kind of woman! Your bread looked fab...perhaps you can share the recipe?

maddmomma said...

Everyone is going to be signing up to be your roommate! I love your adventurous spirit!

Mom said...

You....make....me....happy!!! And I wish I was the one sampling all your wonderful creations!

Tristan said...

I was able to taste said cake twice, and it truly was magical. Thank you, Amy. I'm a better person now.

Megan said...

i want to be paid in cake!

Brooke said...

Amy I love this so much. Prob because my nightly ritual looks somewhat similar...exercise, redbox, bake, eat, sleep, repeat. It's fantastic.

Jody said...

oh sister of mine..the bread and the soup and the cheesecake and cake look so very yummy..you can come live with me and help me make yummy food!! :)