Tuesday, January 25, 2011

today is my dad's birthday. i love my dad.
my dad is good. my dad is smart. my dad is honorable. my dad is no-nonsense.


one time, for his birthday, instead of us giving him presents, he gave each one of us a present. at the time, i was obsessed with beanie babies, but had yet to acquire one of my own. imagine my joy when i opened this up:
i still have it, not just because it's cute. because it reminds me of the kind of man my dad is--he's the kind of man that thinks about other people, and puts their needs before his own. i have countless memories of him secretly paying for peoples' food at restaurants, picking up hitch-hikers, and offering to help me with my math homework. my dad is the kind of person who just wants to do what is right. i couldn't ask for a better example.

happy birthday, dad. i love you.

3 comments:

mom said...

Aren't we both so blessed! Such a sweet blog. We love you!

The Henrich Family said...

I love hearing others share about their love for their parents. Dads are THE best. Happy bday uncle Paul!

Jody said...

i remember that birthday that dad gave us presents, i thought it was pretty cool, and we do have the best dad we could have asked for