Sunday, January 16, 2011

slightly above average strangeness

so i went to church in salt lake city with my friend irene today. she had a meeting afterwards, so i sat in the lobby to wait for her, minding my own business and reading a book about sex chromosomes. after about a half hour, a guy walks up to me and says:

"ok, i just have to ask you something."
me: "shoot."
guy: "how tall are you?"
me: "...i'm 5'7"."
guy: "oook. i was sitting over there thinking, 'how tall is that girl?' and i just had to come over and find out."
me: "yup. just your average 5'7"...were you thinking taller or shorter?"
guy: "taller. and i would say 5'7" is slightly above average."
me: "yeah..."
guy: "i hope you have a great sunday."
me: "you too."

and then he walked away.

3 comments:

Julie said...

he wants you

Amy said...

see the thing is, i really don't think so. he didn't tell me his name, or ask mine. the conversation that i put on here was almost literally the extent of the conversation we had.

Janalee said...

I didn't know you were that tall. This changes everything.