Thursday, November 11, 2010

viva ponytails

recent conversation with one of my students:

student: "miss hansen...do you ever wear your hair down...?"
me: (pause) "no."

i didn't bother going on to explain that when given the choice between sleeping for another 25 minutes or taking that time to do my hair to impress a bunch of kids who will still probably think i'm mean and weird no matter how good my hair looked, there really is no contest. they don't need to know that i look like a normal person on the weekends. all they need to know is how to form coherent sentences (in both french, and english).

(which they don't)

i then realized, i had become one of those teachers. i had them in high school, the ones where i would think "i want to help her! she could be so much better looking if she just...(a,b,c)." and now i am that teacher. and now i understand that teacher in high school. and i salute her.

5 comments:

Brooke said...

Jumelle, you crack me up. I'm so glad there's someone else in the world who despises mornings as much as me.

alison said...

nice blazer!

Julie said...

Thats one of my favorite games to play. I like to play it with customers at my store, then I have to bite my tongue when I look like a bum when I go to Target.

Megan said...

some kid really asked you that?? what kid asks a teacher that? you still look cute even with your ponytail. i salute YOU

Emily said...

25 minutes of sleep is so much better than doing your hair. :) You stinkin' crack me up, Amy. EVERY post. :)