Monday, November 22, 2010

about how i almost died three times.

so two people almost killed me on the freeway today. both were big trucks that tried to switch into my lane WHILE I WAS STILL THERE. hell-O have you ever heard of side mirrors? i honked my horn twice in the span of 40 minutes.

the third time i almost died was at my own hands, but i maintain that it was not my fault. so i'm driving home, and i look over and i see...

A SPIDER HANGING FROM MY CAR CEILING. i literally screamed. this was my thought process:

"what do i do. what do i do. do i pull over? what do i do. i can't keep driving with this spider 7 inches away from my head. if i let it crawl away i'll be paranoid for the rest of my drive home. what do i do."

this is what i did: i took of my shoe (the left one, the right was still on the gas pedal). i waited until the spider safely landed on the passenger window. i carefully took aim while watching the road out of the corner of my eye, then BAM! killed it. dead.

then i forgot about it and when got home 20 minutes later and i was like "hey...where's my shoe?"

freeway-0, amy-3. booyah.

2 comments:

Jody said...

sis i love you so much, i love reading your blog. you make me laugh every time i read it, and it makes me miss you more and more. can't wait for christmas, so i can see you and you can snuggle up with your favorite nephew!!

Megan said...

you are very clever in the way you killed the spider. me? I would've actually died because spiders scare the **** out of me and I would be shaking in my own mess instead of figuring out a way to kill it.

so bravo! you are my inspiration