Monday, July 26, 2010

take your frills somewhere else.

julie b. beck is such a butt kicker. i love her, and i love the sense of empowerment, purpose, and hope i get when i listen to/read her words. she doesn't coddle or sugarcoat. and i respect that.

so go read her talk. "And Upon the Handmaids in those days will I pour out my Spirit"

my favorite quote from this talk (although not actually from sister beck): "Women should be women and not babies that need petting and correction all the time." (Eliza R. Snow) every time i read that, i'm like yeah! i am woman, hear me roar! not in an uber-feminist way or anything, but more in the way that yeah, i know my purpose. and yeah, i am capable. so in the immortal words of captain shang from mulan, let's get down to business, to defeat (insert obstacle).

No comments: