Friday, March 28, 2008

my happies

so i've been slacking in my blog updates- i apologize. anyhoo, i don't have too much time, but there are some fabulous things that i have to report. so here are my happies:
  • i applied a few weeks ago for a scholarship from the French Department for my study abroad and....I GOT IT! :)
  • earlier this week i thought it was going to have to take a test and write two papers all in one night (which would have sucked), but it turns out one of my papers got pushed back, and the other one was supposed to be written on a conference talk so i just tweaked my sacrament meeting talk from a while back and voila: insta-paper!
  • the weather has been absolutely lovely lately (with the exception of maybe today and yesterday that have been a little chilly)
  • i got everything worked out with my love whitney for our weekend in paris after my study abroad is over. hooray for amy and whitney eurolove 2008!
  • and finally, I BOUGHT MY TICKETS FOR PARIS TODAAAAAAY! AND, i got an amazing deal on them. yay!
and unfortunately, two deaths to report in the Amy Hansen family:
  • Sylvia Trevors Cunningham went downhill this week. First it was mold all over her pumpkin bottom, and then mushy spots started to appear on her head, and finally, she peed on the kitchen table. She's currently residing in a plastic trashbag in my kitchen because I just can't bring myself to throw her away yet. Maybe when she starts to smell...
  • my precious iPod has officially kicked the bucket. We've been through a lot together, but after numerous attempts to revive the little guy, I know that it's a done deal. I'll have to figure out some way to cope and live a life without portable music. Sad sad day.

No comments: