Thursday, April 10, 2008

parent's weekend

this past weekend i went to fetch the parents from the airport for a fun-filled parent's weekend extravaganza! they came bearing conference tickets and an overall desire to feed me. it was really good to have them up here, since i haven't seen hide nor hair of my family since christmas!

we spent the day friday eating, geo-caching (a new obsession of my dad's), and more eating. seriously. we ate a lot. on saturday we got up early to go to breakfast at kneader's, where they have french toast as big as your head. it was all good except for the fact that i accidentally stole another customer's order. that was embarrassing.

anyway...we watched the morning session of conference in the joseph smith building, and then mom and i watched the afternoon session in the conference center. we had freaking amazing seats- main floor! then on sunday we had basically the same routine (minus kneader's and my apparent fascination with theft) but in the afternoon me, mom, and dad had tickets. conference was so good. i always walk away wanting to be so much better. kind of like that efy effect, where you come home and don't take your little wristband off for like a month.

all in all, it was a fabulous weekend. i love my parentos.

me and the mom (she made me crouch down so i wouldn't be a head taller than her...ha!)

2 comments:

Janalee said...

I hope my girls will write rave appreciative reviews about my visits when they're in college.

The Henrich Family said...

what beauties you two are!!! Love you lots. --mel