Saturday, March 19, 2011

mission: best birthday ever

this week i came one step closer to my mid-twenties: i turned 23. although my age may indicate "adult," i negated that by eating pretty much only sugar every day this entire week. thanks to everyone for knowing me so well as to provide me with days worth of treats--nothing makes me happier.

anyway, i got the best pre-birthday present ever: amandine judas came to my house. seriously one of my favorite people on this earth, and someone i hadn't seen for a year since she lives in france. however, she's starting her mission in temple square, so i got to be her companion until i dropped her off at the mtc.

first order of business was to go to mcdonalds (french people, believe it or not, really have a thing for mcdonalds. don't ask me why) to get a snack-size mcflurry.
amandine: "...this is a snack size? this is like a medium in france!"
amy: "welcome to america, little frenchie."

the next morning, i made sure she was well-fed before dropping her off at the MTC.

and obviously jimmy johns, because 1. duh, and 2. it was my birthday and thus a tradition. i just really love sandwiches. deal with it.

lastly, we dropped her off at the MTC. i felt like a proud momma, and didn't even cry [that much]. it was kind of weird to go to the MTC and think, "whoa, i'm going to be here in like 3 months..."

oh yeah, did i mention that i'm going on a mission? papers go in tomorrow.

7 comments:

maddmomma said...

Yeay, for you! I can't tell you how excited I am for you that you decided to go on a mission! It's wonderful that you got to spend some of your birthday time with good friends, and being there for her at the MTC! Can't wait to find out where YOU are going!!!

Brooke said...

WHAT?! You're going on a mission?! I am so excited for you amy!

Mom said...

Loved the pics of you and Sister Judas!!! So glad you had a great time together and really loved the fancy princess dishes!!!

Ari said...

Holy cow, did not know you're going on a mission! Pretty much the coolest thing ever!

Jody said...

WHAT!??? and congrats i am so proud of you!! :) and you are so welcome about the shout out..that would be awsoem if you went to france..lol

grace louise said...

thispostmakesmesoexcitedandsimultaneouslyjealousican'tevenbebotheredtostoptoputspacesbetweenmywords

Megan said...

yay yay yay!!