Monday, February 14, 2011

valentimes

so for valentine's day, my roommate liz, my friend sean, and i decided that the ultimate way to spend the day would be to eat a giant burrito from chipotle in sandy. we made the 40 minute drive there. i was so stoked to eat my burrito that i jumped out of my car all hungry-like, and slammed my door shut.

oh. my car is still running? here, let me just shut it off. oh. i locked my doors? let me just...crap. i locked my keys in my RUNNING car. oh. i'm an IDIOT. obviously, i was not pleased. luckily, sean is a bona-fide member of AAA, and he was able to call and get some dude to come pick the lock on my car. i think it's some sort of outreach program for ex-cons. anyway, they told us it would be "about 30 minutes." perfect. just enough time to stuff our faces with burritos. an hour or so later, we were still waiting for the AAA ex-con. after a couple awkward exchanges with people in the parking lot (you know, because we were standing beside my running car, freezing), we decided we needed to come up with a cover story. like trying to break a record for a valentine's day dance challenge. "2 more minutes! we just gotta keep going for 2 more minutes!" we'd shout while dancing, anytime people walked by, just so they wouldn't get suspicious.

finally, the guy showed up. and he even taught me how to pick the lock.

and i came home to this:hands down, the best valentine i have ever received. (it was anonymous and i'm a notoriously bad guesser) a personalized telegram from captain von trapp himself, accompanied by skittles.

2 comments:

holli h. said...

haha... sucka! I wish I could say that I made you that valentine. Whoever did that is awesome.

Megan said...

oh man... that sucks. but makes for a hilarious story. i'm glad it was made better by an awesome beyond awesome secret valentine