Monday, October 18, 2010

the weekend of bliss

as promised, i have something to blog about other than student teaching: fall break.

fall break was thursday and friday of last week, giving me a four day weekend. two happiest days of my life (well, my life in the past two months or so). saturday and sunday were tainted by "productive things," but oh, oh how sweet thursday and friday were. i slept in, i went to the temple, i went shopping, i spent quality time with the people i care about without feeling guilty because of xyz i needed to do, i took pictures with commie camera, i did whatever the heck i wanted to. the weather was beautiful. i found myself smiling for absolutely no reason.

i found some new things that i'm going to be obsessed with for the next few weeks/months: jeggings (jeans+leggings=not real pants that look (kind of) like real pants but feel like pajamas), watching BBC documentaries (à la "planet earth" and "life"), and cake waffles. yeah. cake waffles. cake batter+waffle iron+topped with ice cream.

now i am drinking blueberry tea and trying to quell the anxiety clawing its way up my throat. no big deal.

3 comments:

Tristan said...

Too bad commie camera defected.

alison said...

make me cake waffles!

Mom said...

Me too...I want the recipe! And more pics, more pics. I want more pics!