Wednesday, October 6, 2010

mclove/hate

dear mcdonalds,

you are so gross....and yet? you are so good. there comes a time every 2-3 months where my body sends me a message saying, "yooooou waaaaaant mcdonnaaaaaaalds, iiiiittt iiiiiss gooooooooood!" and i think, "yeah. i want mcdonalds. it IS good!"

so then i eat some. and while i'm eating, my brain is temporarily overpowered by the sheer amounts of calories, fat, and who the heck even knows what else so that the act of eating it becomes one of the most enjoyable experiences of my day.

it's only until about...5 minutes after i'm done do i realize: oh my gosh. what have i done. and then, i want to die. and then i remember: this same thing has happened so many times before. it must be kind of like childbirth, where your brain does this thing to make you forget how awful it is, so you eventually want to birth more babies. yeah, the same part of the brain is probably in charge of both of those things: mcdonalds binges and childbirth.

so congratulations, mickey d's. you got me again. see you in another 2-3 months.

love and kind of hate,
amy

5 comments:

Hannabeth said...

Indeed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaS1xQvQEKg

Julie said...

Dido

Megan said...

we just had McDonald's last night and had the exact same conversation. "This isn't as good as I thought it used to be..." "Yeah, look at my rubbery cheese." but then we always go back... they have a drug in it or something I swear.

Jourdan said...

That just happened to me last month. Never again.

Whitney Smith said...

fish fish fish.