Friday, February 22, 2008

my life is basically a kelly clarkson song.

it's decision time. i've decided that it's time for me to be my own person. i can't follow the lead of people who don't know where they're going. i need to figure out where i'm going and be my own leader. i'm capable of taking control of my life and accomplishing the things that i know are worth doing. it's a terrifying thing to let go of what could have been and try to embrace what is. because there's so much risk- there's always that agonizing question of "what if?" it's so tantalizing to live by thoughts of what if, but when it comes down to it, that's not really living. so i have to be decisive. i have to be brave and do things that i don't want to do, but need to do. i have to let go of things, even though if it were up to me, i would hold on to them like nobody's business. so that's that i suppose. my man dieter f. uchtdorf said, " therefore, enduring to the end is not just a matter of passively tolerating life's difficult circumstances or 'hanging in there.' ours is an active religion, helping God's children along the strait and narrow path to develop their full potential during this life and return to Him one day." so it's time for me to stop passively waiting, passively "hanging in there," passively letting life float by without striving to make myself better each day. i gotta show this world who's boss. and do the dang thing.

3 comments:

Rhiannon said...

Way to go AMY!!!! So what Kelly Clarkson song are you most like?

Unknown said...

good for you :) you have no idea how proud i am!

Anonymous said...

i can't quite put my finger on which song i am, but i bet if kelly clarkson got a hold of my life, she'd owe me a freaking platinum record. sigh...if only i had musical talents. i'd make my own platinum record.