Saturday, June 18, 2011

oh you know, just learning practical skills.

today my dad taught me how to change and patch bike tubes. he thought it would be irresponsible to send me off biking in the tropical wilderness without this knowledge, and i agreed, considering i had no idea that bike tubes even existed.

i used some tools and muscles and sweated and grunted and stuff. first i did my bike, with new tires, and i thought i was pretty hot stuff. then i had to do my dad's bike, and his tires are old and hard, so it took longer. but i did it, so the moral here is: i still think i'm pretty hot stuff. first i took the tire off the bike. then i took the tire off the wheel (which is harder than it might seem, hence the grimace in photo 2). then i took its guts out. then i put new guts in. then i put the tire back on the wheel. then i aired it up. then i put it back on the bike. then i rode away.

buh-byyyyye!

1 comment:

Chitney said...

I"m so proud of you!