Friday, September 12, 2008

STRIKE!

so i went to the store the other day with the intent of buying groceries and razors- mine is getting rather dull, and nobody likes a dull razor. anyway, i squeak my little grocery cart off in search of the venus razor cartridges (or whatever they're called) and upon my arrival in the aisle i gasp in horror:
"$22 FOR AN 8 PACK OF RAZORS?! YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!"
is that not one of the most outrageous things you've heard in your life? ok maybe not in your entire life, but at least in the past few hours. TWENTY-TWO DOLLARS! That is $2.75 per razor. i couldn't bring myself to buy them.
"Nope. I'm just going to stop shaving my legs."
At this point, the guy looking at toothpaste next to me stopped looking at toothpaste and started eying me in a frightened and almost disgusted way. i think he was probably expecting me to whip out a lighter and burn my bra or something. and then i walked away with my $22 still safely in my checking account and a little extra feminist bounce in my step.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

welcome to the club :)

it's fun here.

Aimee said...

Way to stand strong against those big, greedy corporations trying squeeze the pennies out of us. I'm going to braid my leg hair in a show of solidarity.