Monday, July 14, 2008

the honeymoon is over.

given my recent foray into overpriced (but incredibly wonderful and gorgeous) shoes, i was compelled to return to (as if i was ever apart of) the world of responsible adults. i started a new job today- not the one i had originally planned on, but it just worked out this way.

anyway, i had to go to orientation this morning. from 8-12. five words come to mind to explain this event: shoot me in the face.

orientation, otherwise known as the process that turned what should have been an hour at the most event into a 4 hour marathon included me getting an official pinal county badge with my picture on it, swearing an oath of loyalty to the U.S. government and promising that i wouldn't try to overthrow our country, introducing myself and explaining what i had to offer the county, and watching a harassment video that somehow managed to turn domino's hot and spicy pizza into a sexual innuendo.

all in all, i think it was a successful introduction into my new 8-5, monday through friday, grown-up job.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So nothing every came of your WF app? Well thats a darn shame, did you get the call and have to answer a series of unusal questions?... i feel like I dropped the ball... how long are you here before you return Collegetopia?
Brandi

BTW-Love the kicks...

Anonymous said...

no no! it wasn't you at all. my mom's office was in desperation for some temporary help so i took pity on them and got hired there till the end of august when i head back to school. aaah summer...:)

holli h. said...

haha! those sexual harassment videos are so dang funny!!! I really want to know who writes the scripts for those, and if they are laughing when they turn in it for production.