Saturday, May 29, 2010

amy and the technicolor dreamhouse

we cleaned our house today, so i thought it would be the perfect opportunity to have a photoshoot to show it off. i know you've all been waiting on the edge of your seats in anticipation for interior photos. and when i say "you've all", i really just mean my mom. ready for your virtual tour?

let's go in order. when you walk in the door, this is what you see:


please note that the two pictures have two different people on the couch. one of us is actually reading the book, the other is just posing. if you can't tell the difference, why should i?

continue walking. you'll soon see this:

this is the pride and joy of my life. it has been 4 years since i've had a personal washer/dryer, and not a communal laundromat where i have to shield my unmentionables from the poor innocent return-missionary boys trying to do the same thing.

to your left, you will find the bathroom, featuring holli.

pretty standard--sink, toilet, shower. pretty unstandard: the pepto-bismal color of the walls. we did not choose the color, but we choose to live with it rather than making the effort to repaint.

here's the hallway, with my laundry basket. because i'm doing laundry.


continuing with the tour, we find ourselves in the kitchen. it's yellow.


there's no dishwasher, but i've discovered that life still is possible without one. incredible, i know.

now we have arrived at the bedroom section of the tour. to your left, you will find holli's room. since it's not actually my room, i just snapped a quick picture through the door. just in case holli had underwear on the floor or something. she probably doesn't though, she's pretty clean.


to your right, you will find alison's and my room. is that sentence grammatically correct? it sounds strange. regardless, it's our room.



it's cozy and cute.

so that's my house--tadaaa!

4 comments:

Janalee said...

I guessed your bed before you sat on it. I can spot a Grandma quilt with my eyes tied behind my back.

And all those vivid colors offer lively personality. don't repaint!

Jody said...

cute house..especially the pepto bismal colored bathroom

Mom said...

Darling little home! Thanks for the virtual tour.

grace louise said...

Your house is so cute!!! I want to live there.