Monday, September 12, 2011

September 6, 2011

oh HAAAIIIIIII!!!

soo....guess what? THIS IS MY LAST PDAY IN THE MTC! this time next week, i'll be IN TAHITI OH MY GOSSHHHHHH!!!! so insane. so awesome. i got my travel plans, so it's all official and everything. i leave the mtc at 8:00am on monday (september 12) and my flight leaves from slc at 11:30. then i fly to LA, have a 4 hour layover, then i'm off to the south pacific. ooohhh yeaaaah. so i'm pretty STOKED OUT OF MY MIND about that. it's very surreal to think that i'm actually leaving. although the sister that i wanted to punch in the face for telling me that she was supposed to leave before me even though she's been here 5 weeks less than me is still leaving before me, which i was secretly still wanting to punch her in the face about.

asa side note, the spacebar on this keyboard is very sub-par, so excuse any lack of spaces.

ANYWAY. i have some important/sad/whatever you want to think news. this weekwas the week that i cracked. hold on a second i have to go yell at an elder for stealing my washer. ok justice has been served. anyway, on the topic of yelling at elders, yes. this week i cracked. i for real, in a sincere righteous indignation yelled (literally) at a pair of elders in my zone. let it be known that it was merited. i (and the people around me, fyi) was totally disgusted by their behavior and conversation. let's just say that sometimes elders think that sister missionaries are called to be the visual entertainment for the elders. so yeah. i got pretty heated. and i yelled at them. and told them to shape up or get the heck out. one of them got really scared and immediately apologized, the other one got really mad and stormed off like a child. but then he apologized later. i kind of felt bad for yelling, so i apologized for the yelling later, not for what i yelled. some elders really are just idiots. they might actually have brain damage. anyway, it's all good now. but i was so fired up it was ridiculous.

also, let me just tell you about the best day of my life yesterday. mrs. holli hale robinson is probably the best human on the planet. imagine my surprise when, as i'm getting ready after gym to go to lunch, i heara knock on the door in my residence hall and open it up to see her smiling face. WHAT?!!!! SHE BROKE INTO THE MTC TO BRING ME CAFE RIO WHAT?!!!! not that i'm condoning breaking into the mtc. that girl has guts. but seriously. it made my day. no. it made my mtc stay. it was so awesome to see her and hug her! it was like unreal though. i think i've become one of those socially-awkward-around-normal-humans missionaries. which is unfortunate. but i was so happy to see her. and then when i walked back into the room with that pork salad (i'll be honest, i very briefly considered running and hiding and eating it all by myself in the bathroom or something, but i decided to try and be christlike, and also the mental image of me eating a pork salad by myself on the toilet was just too pathetic), there was much rejoicing in the land. everyone went crazy. it's like we were on drugs for real, we were all so happy. so holli, if you're reading this (i'mgoingto write you a letter anyway), just know that you made a lot of people happy that day. i'm pretty sure you will be exalted for that. and you freaking snuck into the mtc. respect forever and always.

anyway, i have to go switch my laundry and i'm almost out of time. i should be able to email a little bit later this week since i won't have a pday next week, so i'll try to make the next one a little more exciting. i love you much and still think about you often!

love,
soeur hansen

No comments: