Tuesday, June 22, 2010

SEATTLE (this is long.)


so i went to seattle! that merits an exclamation mark. the epic journey began on thursday afternoon at 4:30. we drove all night (literally) through utah, idaho, oregon, and finally washington.

highlights of the roadtrip:
1. got holli to sing along to lady gaga. she totally loves her now.
2. MASH-- I will be marrying Doug AND Phil, Scott will claim Selena Gomez as his wife, Doug will marry me, with Lady Gaga as runner-up, and Holli will marry...someone.
3. Shouting for joy when seeing the "Welcome to Oregon" sign. I probably would've done the same thing for Washington, but I was in a coma after having driven for 10 hours straight. Obviously we didn't do the same thing for Idaho, because...it's Idaho.
4. Stopping for gas in Oregon at 2:30am. I pull up next to the pump, and suddenly there is a bearded, creepy-looking man standing next to my car. I open the door, and we look at each other.
me: "...Hi."
creeper: "..."
me: (waits expectantly for some kind of utterance)
creeper: "We're in Oregon, so..."
me, inner monologue: (So what?! I hand over my keys and no one gets hurt??)
creeper: "So...it's full service."
me: "Oh. Ok. Well...fill 'er up."
5. finally arriving in Seattle.

the weekend included:
1.Pike Market Place-->gum wall, fish throwing, chocolate pasta, fresh sea food.



2.Space Needle. a must, of course.


3.Experience Music Project museum thing where we jammed on instruments we had no idea how to play
4.Mariner's baseball game. i'm obviously a huge fan. but hey, they won. all is well.

5.Seattle Art Museum-->Andy Warhol had an exhibit going with a piece where you could take your own picture and add it--now, holli and i are officially apart of an andy warhol.



6.Making our own sushi. it. was. good.


7.Karate Kid. that movie changed my life. not really. but i loved it.


we did other cool stuff, too. but my blogging attention span is waning, so thus ends the trip to seattle. i really like seatlle, and so does my hair. never have my curls been more defined. it was fun, to say the least. wish we could've stayed longer, but apparently some people have real lives or something. weird.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Looks like a fun trip! Don't know how in the world you can jump that high though!!!